Blog Background

January 29, 2014

2014 Smalls SAL January Update


A couple of stitching projects I have been working on.  I am also taking part in the Just Nan SAL and have been on a Just Nan spree.  I have many of the old Just Nan charts and a few new ones I have picked up in the last couple of years.  This SAL has me hauling everything out and diving in.  I'm going to try and stitch as many of these projects as I can this year.  So many pretty things.  Luckily they will all qualify for the three SALs I have joined for 2014.  All buttons on the right if you want to take a peak at what everyone is doing.  No progress on my Prairie Schooler Santa's Night though.

Here are my two little projects.

Berry by Just Nan - 1997 Just Cross Stitch Christmas Ornaments Collection.  It called for DMC Medici Thread which I did not have.  But I did have DMC flower thread.  Similar I thought in that it has no sheen.  I googled for Medici Colour Chart and finally found one so I could pick my threads hoping similar to the ones called for.  I think it turned out fine.  The flat thread with the regular DMC for the collar and flowers in ear are a wonderful contrast.    Started, stitched and finished this month.  Yippee!  


Just Nan - Berry
1997 Just Cross Stitch Christmas Ornaments Collection
32 Count Cream Linen
DMC Flower Thread

I must remember to take pictures in landscape mode so this doesn't happen again lol.  Working on one portion of the Just Nan Christmas Wallet.  I just want a little pin keep.  I have no intention of making the wallet.  The colours are very pretty.  Again stitching from stash.  I used raw linen instead of the checkered called for.


Have a wonderful day!

Newfie Princess

14 comments:

  1. Love your finishes!! I don't have those in my Just Nan collection, especially love Berry!
    I have joined the same Sal"s also, hoping to get alot of stitching done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Berry is too cute and you did a great job of finishing. You did a great job on the conversion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful little bear. Great finish for January!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH! Berry is adorable!! I have this magazine...would you mind sharing the colors of flower thread you used? I have some in my stash and I think your substitution is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure! Medicis Wool to DMC flower Thread: 8120 to 2841, 8501 - 2842, 8502 to 2644 and 8839 to 2640. Good Luck - As with all stitching, it looks so much better in person.

      Delete
  6. Great job...I did that little bear some years ago...he's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute bear! The finishing is lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice bear.
    Greetings :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did such a great job finishing that cute bear ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Smalls are so beautiful!!

    Happy Stitching

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely finish :) It's really too bad that DMC stopped putting out the Flower Thread in North America, the matte finish really makes the beads on your bear shine :)

    ReplyDelete